Look no further for prawn recipes. This is the garlic prawns recipe you will want to make over and over again. Imagine the smell and taste of deliciously sweet and saucy lobster. Crunchy, bouncy bites with bold butter garlic flavors. But wait, isn’t this a prawn recipe?! Yep. This is it.
Scroll down for How to Make This Stir-Fried Butter Garlic Prawns with Soy Sauce video.
We grew up in the Gourmet Paradise coastal city – Hong Kong. When we visit wet markets for groceries or when we eat at seafood restaurants (they’re everywhere!), we’d pass by tanks and tanks of swimming seafood.
I had no clue what they were besides fish, crabs, shrimps, clams… We’re sooooo spoiled with such extensive selections of some of the freshest and most delicious seafood ever.
Our eyes literally light up with excitement when we get to eat seafood. Prawns is definitely one of my favorites! Tiger prawns are awesome as they match well with many flavors, a variety of cooking methods, and most important of all, they are pure crunchy DELICIOUSNESS!
Jacky said “How about a West meets East prawn recipe?”
We’ve been experimenting and we’ve successfully fused the beloved Western butter garlic with the flavorful Eastern soy sauce ginger in this garlic prawns recipe! The balance and depth of the bold flavors meshed together to bring out the sweetness of the bouncy prawns. You’ve really got to try this out! 😀
Looking for more easy stir fry recipes? Try our Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Stir-Fried Butter Garlic Prawns with Soy Sauce Recipe Tips
Use unpeeled prawns for this recipe because the shell of the prawns will protect the texture of the meat during the cooking process. Since it’ll take longer for the unpeeled prawns to be fully cooked, it’ll allow them to soak in more flavors and result in a crunchy and bouncy texture.
Watch How To Make This Stir-Fried Butter Garlic Prawns with Soy Sauce:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Nom Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube for our latest updates.
- 12 – 16 unpeeled large tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced (1 - 2 inches long)
- Clean and pat dry the tiger prawns in a large mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon corn starch and mix
- Heat pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and 1 teaspoon unsalted butter to the pan
- Add minced garlic, stir and cook until it is almost golden color, then remove garlic and set aside
- Pan-seared tiger prawns in the garlic butter infused peanut oil for 1 ½ minute on each side, cook until roughly 80% cooked, remove and set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Add minced shallot, minced ginger and sliced onions
- Add a small pinch of salt (~1/4 teaspoon) and cook until onions are softened
- Add back the cooked garlic and tiger prawns, stir
- Add rice wine, continue to stir
- Add Sauce Mixture and continue to stir until the sauce is evenly coated
- Add green onion, stir
- Cook roughly 1 minute or until the tiger prawns are fully cooked, then serve!