Craving Chinese food but don’t want to go out? Make this EASY beef and broccoli recipe right at home! Packed with bold Asian flavors. You’ll LOVE this garlicky ginger sauce. A go-to stir fry recipe ready in 30 minutes. Soooo easy to make.
Scroll down for How to Make This Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe video.
After a long day of work, my stomach started growling like a wild beast. We were about to surrender and call takeout, but thought hey let’s check out the fridge first.
So what have we got? Beef and broccoli.
We bought flank steak the other day, and this is perfect for stir fry. Bingo! Steaming hot Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry can be ready in less than 30 mins. Let’s tame that beast!
I love the amazing smell and taste of the crunchy broccoli and juicy beef soaked in garlicky ginger sauce.
The Stir Fry sauce – a combination of garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, and Chinese rice wine is great at releasing the flavors of the beef and broccoli. mmMMmm…
Such a simple dish packed with deliciously bold flavors. No wonder this is a classic favorite!
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe Tips
The cut of beef you use and the way it’s being cut will affect the tenderness of the beef after cooking. It’s fairly common for Chinese restaurants to use baking soda to tenderize the beef, however, we’ve skipped this step eating at home.
Chop the broccoli into large individual florets instead of small florets. This will give you more crunch and mouthfeel texture.
It’s important to note that different brands of soy sauce will have different level of saltiness. This will hugely affect the final taste of the dish. So, please TASTE the dish before adding the remaining Stir Fry Sauce and adjust to taste.
Watch How To Make This Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Time to say goodbye to the Chinese takeout and make your own! What did you think of the Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry? Tell us about it, we want to know 🙂
Craving more? Subscribe to Nom Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube for our latest updates.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into large florets
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- Marinate the beef in two thirds of the Stir Fry Sauce and corn starch for 20 minutes, set aside
- Boil water in medium pot, add salt, blanch broccoli for 1 minute, drain, set aside
- Heat stainless steel wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil, make sure the oil is smoking hot
- Add beef, stir and cook until the beef is 80% cooked, remove and set aside
- Add one tablespoon of peanut oil, turn heat to medium high
- Add garlic and ginger, stir for 30 seconds to flavor the oil
- Add broccoli, stir and cook for roughly 1 minute
- Add beef back into the wok, add Shaoxing wine, stir and cook
- Continue to stir, add the remaining Stir Fry Sauce to taste
- Stir and mix well, add salt to taste, then serve with rice!
For more crunch and mouthfeel for the dish, do not chop the broccoli into the smallest florets.
Different brands of soy sauce will have different level of saltiness. Please taste the dish before adding remaining Stir Fry Sauce to avoid undesired level of saltiness (Step 9).
If you’re making this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag #nomrecipescom on Instagram or send it to us! We would LOVE to see and celebrate delicious food with you!! 🙂