5 minutes to prep this super easy oven baked chicken drumsticks recipe. Tossed in garlic mayonnaise sauce, this truly crispy drumstick is bursting with boldly sweet, spicy, and salty flavors.
Scroll down for How to Make This Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Garlic Mayonnaise video.
Chicken drumsticks and wings are definitely one of my childhood favorites. Whether it’s deep fried, grilled, baked, or soy poached, they’re a regular on our dining table.
There were days where my brother and I would beg and beg our parents to bring us to KFCs on the weekends. For once when they do decide to bring us there, we would celebrate with this most embarrassing ever chicken dance. Haha~ Then, we’d race each other in stuffing our faces with chicken and lick off our fingers off satisfied. Good times 🙂
There’s just something about drumsticks and wings. They’re such simple food, yet sooo satisfying to eat!
If you love saucy fried chicken but not a fan of the deep fried oil? This oven baked chicken drumsticks recipe is perfect for you:
5 mins prep.
Crispy but NOT oily.
Boldly sweet, spicy, and salty.
This recipe is so simple that anyone can make this, really. Anyone. All you need to do:
Mix drumsticks with baking powder and kosher salt.
Rest in fridge (overnight for extra crispiness).
Bake in the oven.
Toss with garlic mayonnaise sauce.
Yep! That’s it. Easy right?
Come grab yours before they’re all gone…
Make these for weeknight meal if you’re looking for something super quick and nearly effortless to put together.
You can also easily adapt this oven baked method and garlic mayonnaise sauce to make crispy skin chicken wings too! That would make such an awesome party food. Please invite me to your wings party! I’ll volunteer myself to
eat help 😉
Watch How To Make This Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Garlic Mayonnaise:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Nom Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube for our latest updates.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a large mixing bowl and mix well with baking powder and kosher salt.
- Rest the drumsticks in fridge for at least 1 hour (recommend 8 hours). The longer you rest, the crispier the skin will become as the baking powder will have more time to do the magic.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Put the chicken drumsticks onto a rack and into oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Flip the drumsticks once every 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the garlic mayo sauce ingredients together.
- Remove the drumsticks from oven and ensure the internal temperature is 165F.
- Toss the drumsticks with the garlic mayo sauce in a large mixing bowl while the drumsticks are still piping hot.
- Serve Immediately.